ArtForMoney Banner

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

E.L.I.T.E - THE HANGOVER


I found myself getting Sauced listening to E.L.I.T.E on Tuesday, more specifically to his sophomore mixtape The Hangover which he released back in October in collaboration with White Night Entertainment. The intro is quite captivating as Dj Ill Will preps up the listeners for an entertaining piece of music. The mixtape holds a variety of flows in addition to an ensemble of brash beats which were well chosen for his second tape. A few tracks such as his remake of "Lose Yourself" by Eminem and Kanye West "Power" record were great features and true to the initial context expected, you sprisingly find yourself relating with E.L.I.T.E the more you tune in. One track I found myself repeating was "Tunnel Vision" which was a rendition of Techno and Hip Hop in one setting, it was well put together and stood out as a classic. The beat for that track was provided by producer Analog Fire, who also produced two other beats on the mixtape and featured vocally on the record Byrds as well.

Last Laugh was an amusing and real laid back record, so was the follow up record featuring Lower East Side affiliate Profecy who is quite close to E.L.I.T.E and is a proud supporter of all his endeavors. As the mixtape persisted I found myself running back a few songs more than once, one of those songs was "Lighters Up" a smoke friendly song that easily catches the attention of any chronic smoker. The setting for the album is definitely chill, which makes it understandable as to why its called The Hangover. Another great record was "The Paper" a witty track about money produced by B-Boy Berto, who used a Biggie Smalls sample from the classic record "Things Done Changed" the record also held a feature by Rapper Bully.

The best thing I found on the entire basis of the mixtape was that every record held a purpose, and allowed the listener to relate to E.L.I.T.E. in one way or another. A song that made that clear was "Music To My Ears" which was a true to the mill song about Haters and their never ending pursuit to deface the image of someone trying to remain positive. The majority of the songs on the mixtape are party worthy, meaning they can be played before and after The Hangover which is always a good sign. The realities of life are often too hard to word but E.L.I.T.E. manages to take all the aspects of his life from the good to the bad to the ugly and deliver it in the form of a story. Each record consecutively sets up the following record, easily allowing you to hear the entire mixtape without skipping anything. The Title track was a great way to end the tape and keep the listeners Saucy and ready for The Hangover to follow the liqour. (LMAO)

No comments:

Post a Comment